The Community Health Initiative, Haiti has created this privacy statement to demonstrate its commitment to privacy and describe this website’s information gathering and dissemination practices.
This web site may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process involving the website.
CHI Haiti collects and uses various information from donors that includes: amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments and e-mail address. Tax laws in the United States and the State of Iowa require The Community Health Initiative, Haiti to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
The Community Health Initiative, Haiti uses donor information to understand donors’ needs and provide excellent service. The Community Health Initiative, Haiti will never sell, trade, rent or share names (unless released for publication), e-mail or mail addresses, or telephone numbers of our donors. We will list the name of your firm along with our other donors on our website and in printed marketing materials but will remove your name from the list at any time at your request. The Community Health Initiative, Haiti will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of The Community Health Initiative, Haiti
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy
- Properly anonymized donor information is used for promotional and fundraising activities. CHI Haiti allows donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless the donor explicitly chooses to remain “anonymous”.
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to professional staff of CHI haiti whose job requires them to process this data. No such data is given to any person, organization or group who does not need to access those data. Donor records are kept in a secure password protected location.
To accept contributions via credit card, the Community Health Initiative, Haiti uses accredited online payment processing services with world-class security and data privacy policies. Unless requested by the donor for the purpose of processing recurring donations, the Community Health Initiative, Haiti does not store, nor does it have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.